Use the Program Grant Guidelines
January 20, 2017
July 14, 2017
After School Programs
Use the After School Proposal Guidelines
April 7, 2017
American Savings Foundation is a broad-based funder with a special emphasis on the needs of children, youth and families. Our three general funding priorities are education, human services and arts & culture. These are not rigid categories, and many of our grants overlap more than one. Agencies do not need to apply under a specific funding priority.
We fund new programs, as well as existing programs where our support will enhance, strengthen, expand or improve services. We are interested in funding collaborative programs, and also in providing matching funds to leverage new dollars into the community. Grants are not made for general operating support to agencies.
We fund programs on a year-to-year basis; multi-year program grant commitments are not made. We make a grant to a specific program only once in a 12 month period; renewals are never automatic. Typically, we fund only one program at an agency in a given year.
Eligibility Requirements and Policies
- Programs must primarily serve residents in one or more of the 64-towns served by American Savings Foundation.
- Organizations must be tax exempt under IRS section 501(c)(3).
- Religious institutions are not eligible, except for non-sectarian activities that benefit the community at-large.
- Endowment funds are not eligible.
- Individuals are not eligible.
For more information about types of proposals that do not fit our funding priorities.
Continue to the Program Grant Guidelines